By Angela Glaz
500 Hour E-RYT and Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor
1. Neck rolls. Take a deep breath in and as you exhale draw your right ear to your right shoulder and then allow your chin to circle down toward your chest. Inhale, draw your left ear to left shoulder and continue the circle by looking up. Your exhale can bring your head and neck back to center. Repeat 3 times in each direction.
2. Shoulder lift. Inhale, raise your shoulders toward your ears. Exhale, allow your shoulders to drop away from your ears.
3. Eagle Arms. Cross one arm underneath the other, wrapping your forearms so that your palms can connect. If you have tight shoulders, cross your arms and reach your hands for opposite shoulders like you’re giving yourself a hug. Take a deep breath in to lift your arms and your chest. With your exhale, keep your arms wrapped and gently fold toward your lap. Take 5 rounds of breath. Repeat on the opposite side.
4. Seated Cat-Cow. Place your hands on your thighs. As you inhale, draw your chest forward, your shoulders back, and your gaze upward. Exhale, round your spine, dropping your chin in toward your chest, and drawing your shoulders forward. Repeat 5 times.
5. Single Leg Hug. Straighten one leg and draw the other in toward your chest. Flex the foot of your straight leg. Hold and take 5 rounds of breath. Repeat on the other side.
6. Seated twist. Place your right hand on your left knee or left armrest. Inhale, lengthen your spine. Exhale, twist to your left, drawing your left shoulder back. Look back over your left shoulder. Hold and take 5 rounds of breath. Repeat on the other side.
7. Double leg Hug. Draw both knees to your chest. Press your hands against your shins as you lengthen your spine by lifting the crown of your head toward the ceiling. Hold and take 5 rounds of breath.